The Child & Family Specialist (CFS) is responsible to the Director for carrying out the functions of family assessment, family support, and intervention to enable children to have permanence in the most family like setting as quickly as possible. The CFS, in conjunction with the family and DSS, develops, monitors, and assures the implementation of the individualized service plan and plan of care. The Director assigns the specific duties that may vary from time to time.
• A master’s degree in social work from a college or university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a field related to social work such as sociology, psychology, special education, or counseling, with a student placement in casework services to children and families or one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families.
• A bachelor’s degree in social work or a field related to social work including, but not limited to, sociology, psychology, special education, or counseling and one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families; or a bachelor’s degree in any field plus two years’ experience in providing casework services to children and families.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interviewing children and families.
• Service planning by developing individualized treatment and service plans.
• Counseling children and families in preparation for placement or discharge.
• Supervising children in resource, foster, and adoptive homes; and in independent living arrangements.
• Preparing and maintaining case records.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org